Creamy tomato soup with crunchy baguettes
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Proving: 24 hours
- 1 pack Nicolas Vahé bread mix / crusty morning
- 25 g butter
- 6 tbsp Nicolas Vahé Olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 150 g brown mushrooms, cut in halves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Nicolas Vahé Spices / vegetables
- 2 bottles Nicolas Vahé Tomato sauce / olives & capers
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 handful fresh thyme, for garnish
- Nicolas Vahé Olive oil
Mix, prove and bake the bread mix following the instructions on the pack. Shape the dough into baguettes instead of a loaf. Heat a saucepan with olive oil and sauté red onions, garlic, mushrooms with salt, sugar and spices for vegetables for about 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and vegetable stock and boil on a low heat for about 20 minutes with the lid on.
Blend the soup until smooth using either a stick blender or a regular blender.
Serve the soup with a splash of olive oil, fresh thyme and with crunchy baguettes on side.